I recently wanted to try out something really different for my family. I was in the mood of cooking and so I thought of air fryer potato wedges. Since it was a special day for my kids, I decided to make their day a memorable one.
I had never cooked potato wedges before so I was a bit hesitant, but I had to surprise my kids and wife. After serving, they really loved it and craved for more of the crispy potatoes. Since that day, my kids have been asking me to cook for them again.
How many calories are in air fryer potato wedges?
This is a commonly asked question. Well, a large serving contains only 75 calories. This makes air fryer potato wedges very healthy for your family.
Can you cook frozen potato wedges in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen potato wedges in the air fryer. For about 15 minutes you will be able to cook your frozen potato wedges in the air fryer and enjoy a delicious snack.
What are the best foods to cook in an air fryer?
There are several foods that you can cook in an air fryer. Some of these foods include potato wedges, air fryer donuts, sweet potato chips, air fryer chicken wings, and fried chicken.
What Makes a Good Air Fryer Potato Wedges Recipe?
There are aspects that make air fryer potato wedges the perfect food for your family. The first thing is that it is very easy to prepare. You don’t need a lot of ingredients that will take too much of your time.
Moreover, it will take you a very short time to cook this tasty snack. You can finish up cooking within 15-20 minutes. If you want to cook something really fast, this is a perfect choice for you.
Additionally, air fryer potato wedges are full of flavor and crispy. It is a snack that you will look forward to have more of. If you are cooking for your family, your kids will truly enjoy.
Of great importance still, you use less oil when cooking air fryer potato wedges. It is a healthy food that you should not worry about. The fat content is low, thus making it a suitable dish for everyone.
- 1 piece Large Potato, Cut it into wedges
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Take your potato and slice it into equal wedges. The wedges have to be equal in size so that they can cook evenly. Learn how to cut the wedges below.
- You will first have to cut the potato in half. After cutting it in half, you will keep on cutting it in half until you get the size of wedges that you want. Usually, 8 wedges are okay, but it will depend on the size of your potato.
- Alternatively, if you have an apple slicer, you can use it to cut the potato into wedges. This will make work easier for you. After you have cut the potato into equal wedges, you can now proceed with the rest of the cooking process.
- Take a small bowl and put the garlic, salt, paprika, and pepper inside it. Stir together until you have a mixture. Put the potato wedges in a large bowl and add oil. Next, take the spice mixture and sprinkle evenly on the potato wedges.
- Spray cooking oil on the basket of the air fryer. This will make sure that the potato wedges do not stick. You can now take the potatoes and dip them in the air fryer, and if you will want to have more crispy potato wedges, you can spray them with some oil as well.
- Set the temperature at 400F for 20 minutes. If you will want to have the potato wedges extra crunchy, you can add an additional 2 minutes on top of the normal cooking time.
- You can now serve. It’s advisable that you serve immediately so that you have a crispy potato experience. You can serve with lime wedges for a tastier and enriching feeling on your taste buds.